View Single Post
Old 10-20-20, 06:21 AM   #2028
Rinaldi
Watch

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0
Default Possible bug SJ station \ Deck Weaponry

Will preface this with saying I am still on 1.24 as haven't made port yet for the patch.

If you manually go onto the radar station, for the rest of the session, the AI rating on station will not call out contacts he may detect. Not sure if there's a permanent fix but there is a simple workaround: save, exit to main menu, load back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
May have asked this before and if did, forgive me.

Has it been attempted to make the AA guns act as deck guns? I would be willing to sacrifice crew manned AA guns if they would fire them at ships instead since it cant be both(why the devs didnt make them multi purpose, who knows) . Or is this hard coded?

Fleetboats rarely used their AA guns on aircraft, used them shoot up surface craft, would really add to the sim if could order the deck gun plus 40 and 20 MM target surface vessels together.

I also want to bring this up again, and ask if this can be done via a simple .txt fix? Like Bubblehead I'm wholly willing to trade the ability to defend myself against air threats for the ability to put maximum fire down on surface targets - especially as we get into early 44 in my current campaign!

I also want to ask, for the AA and MGs on armed merchant men, do they play by these same rules or are they able to fire at both my sub and allied air?

Yet another edit:

In the .upc files for individual submarines, four main weapons are defined under "FunctionalSubsytem", they are:

- WeaponMainCannon;
- WeaponSecondaryCannon;
- WeaponFlak; and
- WeaponDecoy

Now these are fairly self-explanatory, so I am assuming by changing one of the flak mounts (say, for argument's sake, the fore AA gun on a Gato class) to either WeaponMainCannon or WeaponSecondaryCannon, Crewmen will fire at surface ships instead of AA.

So for example:

Quote:
[UserPlayerUnit 1.FunctionalSubsystem 29]
ID= FlakGun1
NameDisplayable= 1st Flak Gun
FunctionalType= WeaponSecondaryCannon
IDLinkFunctionalSubsystemSlots= CTForeAA, 1
That should make the fore AA gun behave as a deck gun instead, correct? With the US ships and later U-Boats having so much deck weaponry I could split the difference and keep rear AA for its intended purpose. I may test once back in port by creating a mini-mod and confirm this.

Last edited by Rinaldi; 10-20-20 at 08:54 AM.
Rinaldi is offline   Reply With Quote