View Single Post
Old 12-23-21, 05:33 PM   #28
PanzerDan86
Seaman

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

So it looks like I'm still having the same issues related to both conning towers and types of submarines crashing the TWOS mod.

I completed the Happy Times campaign and tried to do the automatic transfer to Western Approaches. Here's what I've noted:

1. When the popup occurs asking whether you'd like to upgrade your submarine, every time I select "Yes" it will take me to the new campaign select screen, I choose Western Approaches and then hit next/start...and the game will crash every time.

2. When the popup occurs and I instead choose "no" to upgrading the sub, the game will not crash and I'll be able to start the Western Approaches campaign (albeit with a type VIIB).

3. When I use the type VIIB I still cannot upgrade the conning tower otherwise the game crashes when I start the patrol. I can only use the generic small conning tower.

3. After being fed-up with the crashes I looked up the mod information on "alternate campaign progression" and followed it perfectly, thinking it would fix the issue. I manually ensured that I have the type VIIC by following the instructions. However, when I load the game I still have the type VIIB according to the captains log/sub-systems info screens.

4. It appears that for whatever reason, I am only able to use the type VIIB sub with no upgrades to the conning tower. The type VIIC refuses to load altogether, and any modification to the conning tower on the type VIIB results in crashes.

5. I am playing on version 2.2.22

Am I doomed to play the entire war with an entry level type VIIB? Has there been any workaround for this problem identified? Am I the only one with these issues? Would updating to version 2.2.24 help the issue? When updating to that version, would my saved games become incompatible?

Thanks for any feedback!
PanzerDan86 is offline   Reply With Quote