View Single Post
Old 11-18-19, 08:08 AM   #21
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanzerDan86 View Post
I realize Vecko must be busy. Is there anyone else that could answer my questions in the above post about obtaining a positive captain rating and knowing whether I finished the individual missions in the Coastal Waters campaign?
I general, 1000 renown points (per patrol!) will bring you 1 rating point. 100 renown and less (again per patrol) will give you -1. This means that you don't want to skip patrols in order to "speed up the war", always sink at least 1-2 "normal" ships before you decide to go home.
Every ship in the game has it's own specific renown values. For example, medium freighters have 120-150 points, tankers ~200-250 and some rare and valuable ships can have 500 points and even more...
Maintaining positive rating (1 and more) will bring you regular equipment upgrades and new U-boat offers. If you go negative than you may use your current sub type indefinitely...

Use KSDCommander to track your rating and renown points. You will also see realistic awards and medals there. Check it out, it's really a cool program. IN-game medals system is not historically accurate.

Don't think much about secondary missions and flotilla objectives, just be efficient and you'll be OK captain...

You can also take a look at this article... https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=3816
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote