Old 11-17-19, 05:04 AM   #16
PanzerDan86
Seaman

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Exactly the same setup but no CTD...
Vecko, this may be a stupid question..but how exactly are you ordering the upgrades? Is there a trick to it?

Here's how I do it - I end a patrol, save in the bunker, exit to main menu, load the save. Then I talk to the upgrade guy first, select the extended conning tower and exit his dialogue. Then I go to the mission guy, ask him for a new mission, select the mission (BCW for example) and then click in the top right of the map to exit the map. Then I click on the mission guy again, and say "let's start the patrol".

When I follow these steps, the game will start to load but then will always CTD. I've also tried saving the game after doing all of the above steps except for "let's start the patrol". Then, reloading the game and just doing the last step of "let's start the patrol" and it still CTDs.

If I do EVERYTHING the exact same way EXCEPT selecting the conning tower upgrade...everything works fine. I'm now on my 3rd patrol in this VIIB and I've re-tried the upgrades between the 2nd and 3rd patrols and got the same results..CTD if I select the conning tower. So at this point I'm afraid I'm just going to have to keep using the "stock" VIIB until I get the VIIC.

Am I missing a step in the process somewhere? Am I doing something obviously wrong?

Also, how does it eventually work to get the VIIC? When will that happen? And how does it happen? Do you get the VIIC eventually via the upgrade guy? Or does it just automatically come sometime in 1940 after I end a successful patrol? Will I need to disable the VIIB mod in order to get the VIIC? I'm starting to worry that I'll be stuck with this VIIB and unable to upgrade it for the entire war if I'm not careful.

Last edited by PanzerDan86; 11-17-19 at 05:16 AM.
PanzerDan86 is offline   Reply With Quote