Old 09-30-21, 05:09 PM   #5
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApeGorrillo View Post
I am experiencing a graphical issue with vanilla SH4 in which the ocean water has a strange jiggling/flickering effect whenever I move the camera/periscope in any direction. I tried adjusting every in-game graphics option and have tried multiple different resolutions and refresh rates, but cannot figure it out what causes it. Have you experienced this issue? If so, do you know how to fix it?

Windows 10 (64 bit)
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080ti
Intel i9 10900x
64GB RAM

MSI 1440p monitor @144hz.
Aka "Jelly Water", it sounds like... a pre condition from running in high TC...

Good news is... can do 1 of 2 things...

1. Wait it out & the water will revert ack to the more... as normal as it can look... given the nature of plain, jane.. stock, vanilla SH4.

2. Save, wait abouut 5 miinutes...(both before saving, to gve the PC time to allow the high TC to clear the baffles, so to speak...) then do your save... then give another 5 minutes before exiting.

Side note.... make sure when you do your save, that certain... prerequisite things are achieved 1st... & most importantly... FOREMOST... before saving.

That you have your sub, surfaced... 2ndly, around at, base minimum, 50 nautical miles, away from land, any ships you may have sunk, NOT having any ships or planes in the aforementioned MINIMUM distance... & last, BUT... most definitely, NOT least even though mentioned lastly... either in the control room view or looking at the Nav map (either will do. )

Can't stress that, enough... strongly....

This is to assist in avoiding any possile save corruption, though NOT 100% fool proof... it does help.

Hope this helps with your... quandary, about the water...

M. M.