View Single Post
Old 07-07-23, 04:36 PM   #2723
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
Excellent to see the progress continuing on this epic effort. That is very interesting about the exhaust vents. That looks like a much better arrangment than the vertical pipes. Those are very nice photos posted of some of those early boats ..the wonders of photography never cease to amaze me what has survived all of these years. Well done!!!!

and Happy 2023 to all hands and esp the Master of this marvelous effort. thank you sir

Admiral Von Gerlach
Oh my goodness it's great to hear from you again friend!! I will be sending you a message with screenshot updates and other new stuff (since you said you don't use Facebook and are not a member of the WOTK group).

About recent updates I finished a big work interview so I am modding again! Next update is battlecruisers ... total list is Invincible Class, Von Der Tann, Moltke Class, Indefatigable Class, Derfflinger Class, Lion Class, and Queen Mary. SMS Lutzow/Derringer model I made earlier was not good enough and I am finishing up the new model as a much nicer replacement. The latest models will have nice features like 3d doors, deck hatches with animated crew walking our, and 3d life rings/portholes....no reason to use the old SH3 and SH4 system of painting these details on, I am getting great framerates with the new ships.

I have run multiple missions to test sinking behavior of Indefatigable, Invincible, Iron Duke class, Colossus Class, King George V Class and Orion Class, so far I am very happy with flotation and sinking rate
....learned a lot about using the ZONES.CFG file. Plus it's so nice to have most of the capital ships installed on my test setup! The roster feels much more populated.

I also need to generate a new battlecruiser explosion effect..hopefully something nice and dramatic. I will mod files so German battlecruisers are quite sturdy, while British ones have a substantial chance to explode (if your torpedoes hit a shell room or powder store).

Another big goal is about to be reached...about 90% of the ace tonnage scores have been done! I just need to do part of 1918. That way you can compare how well you do compared to Otto Hersing, Walter Schwieger, and of course Lothar von Arnauld de la Periere. The king of aces! About a quarter of the great aces didn't survive the war and one was captured (Claus Rucker, who was sunk by Titanics sister RMS Olympic).... just goes to show how hazardous U-Boat duty was.

HMS Tiger, Lion, and Queen Mary also come out soon. Many other things ste happening behind the scenes so sit tight...
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote