View Single Post
Old 07-12-15, 10:25 AM   #2262
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oby View Post
Ahoy Gap, I didn't forget...sorry for delay, just the day is to short for everything...
No problem mate. I understend it all!

Quote:
But here it is. My modest attempt to improve ingame representation of DCs and some other stuff:
I have looked at your screenshots and at your dat files in S3d. Your models look nice! But have you noticed how odd is their shading in game, with abrupt shadow changes from a polygon to the next one, where smooth transitions would be expected? This could be the symptom of a problem with smoothing groups, the way S3d imports them or, more probably, it is due to unsupported or poor dat object shaders in SH5. I am confident that we can get rid of the problem.

Quote:
There are some realy nice 3d models on internet...
yep very nice, but those models aren't royalty free, and anyway, they are a bit too "high poly" for our needs. Nonetheless there is some good visual information we can grasp from them.

Quote:
And a good reading about ASW in WWII in general(a lot of really great data)
Bookmarked it! But I was rather thinking of a website listing allied depthcharges by model/nation/year of usage, preferably accompanied by schematics and main specs of each model.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote