View Single Post
Old 07-11-15, 04:31 PM   #2256
Pressurised
Swabbie

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Just thought i'd post here my story leading up to this mod and current progress.

Couple weeks ago out of nowhere, for no apparent reason I discovered an interest in submarines. I looked around for games and discovered the Silent Hunter series, despite all the negative comments I decided to take the plunge into numero 5 first. So I ordered it, and also a copy of the 6hr version of Das Boot. Watched it in a single sitting a few nights ago, great film!

I read about the modding for this game and it seemed Wolves of Steel was the way to go. I wanted a realistic and immersive experience so it seemed the right choice. I downloaded all the files at work beforehand(at home I get about 40kbs download speed). The game arrived today, thankfully it was a small patch to get to 1.2. I found the mod installation quite simple, the instructions were easy to understand.

Booted up the game and no problems so far, playing on 100% realism and real nav on. I've now made it half way across the sea with no incidents and will get to know my tools a bit better before working out torpedo settings

I gotta say thank you for this perfect collection and guide

ps. Its kinda awesome seeing where I live given a location on the map too, I live in a remote place that was a hotspot in ww2. Loch Ewe, NW Scotland
Pressurised is offline   Reply With Quote