View Single Post
Old 02-04-14, 05:02 AM   #169
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da11en47 View Post
I believe I did it right, I'm going to try again tomorrow with a fresh install. But if someone knows how to do it properly through Steam I would appreciate a walk through or guide.
Step 1: make sure that JSGME is configured correctly. You should either put it within your SH5 installation folder (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 5) or, if installed elsewhere, create a shortcut to JSGME.exe and make it to point to the said path. Detailed instructions on how to use JSGME are available at this link. Coming from SHIII-IV, you probably know it all already, but a good repetition won't harm.

Step 2: make sure you have dropped The Wolves of Steel in the correct folder: <C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 5\MODS>.

Step 3: as noted by sober, make sure that the TWoS's folder you have enabled through JSGME, is the correct one; the folder to be dropped in the <...\Silent Hunter 5\MODS> folder should have a <data> subfolder immediately inside it.

There is no reason for JSGME-ready mods not to work with the Steam copy of the game, as many other Steam-SH5 owners never complained. If you have followed the above instructions to the letter, your campaign selection menu should look like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da11en47 View Post
Wow, the more I read the more I keep seeing maybe I shouldn't have bought this off of Steam.
That is true: having a Steam copy of the game you can't use TDW's patcher, and you are going to loose many new features and fixes that couldn't be achieved through ordinary mods
gap is offline   Reply With Quote