View Single Post
Old 06-25-22, 04:29 PM   #3534
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
Thirteen states used trigger laws to implement what effectively are abortion bans (Arkansas, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wyoming). In some states this became effective immediately, some have a short grace period (a few days), but all thirteen will have a restrictive abortion law within 30 days. All these ban abortions in the first and second trimester. Half of the states (seven) don't even allow abortions in case of rape or incest.
Alabama, West Virginia and Arizona have similar laws in the pipe and/or blocked by courts, which very likely will change within weeks.

Georgia, Ohio and South Carolina have implemented "heartbeat bills" (all currently blocked by courts), which translates into "abortions are illegal after the sixth week of pregnancy", which in turn effectively means an abortion ban, because only a very small amount of women discover their pregnancies within that time, let alone with time to spare to arrange for an abortion.
Don't even try to claim that this is "an option for the woman".

That's nineteen states in my count.

I think you can add Texas to the 6 week time line too.

"A small amount of women discover"...? We've been through that argument before here. So' I'll ask again. Am I to assume that you and these small amount of women are still unaware how babies are made? Maybe after your night of drunkin' debauchery you might consider 'Plan B'.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote