View Single Post
Old 12-22-21, 03:09 PM   #49
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar Re: '42 career start... (Toyo GWX3 enhanced 86 version)

Chose to go with a Type IX-B, U-103, skippered by Werner Winter, from 01/42, on until they were changed out to another Kaleun...

Started off with being based out of Lorient... though, did note a weird peculiarity (after selecting the kaleun, on setting up to start in the right year, & base... when I selected 2nd Flotilla... on the map, it was listed as being the base @ Brest... when I selected the 1st Flotilla (listed right after 2nd Flot. strangely, it seems that is listed as supposably as being based there @ Lorient. If memory serves Me right... 1st was at that time, based out of Brest, while 2nd, was in fact, based out of Lorient, until 2nd was disbanded & absorbed into another flotilla, based out of... Norway?, I believe it was... (13th Flotilla?) would have to pull up flotilla info & recheck that for certainty... this is just off the top of My head & I may... I admit, be a bit off on the exact details... )

I went with selecting 2nd, even though the base listing was... not correct....

When I got to the office... on choosing to start off the patrol... that page, did indeed list the base as being... Lorient.

Dunno, if that... could have any probability of causing a CTD...

All I can say is, after I got loaded up, into the U-boat... shortly after that...

I experienced a CTD.

M. M.