View Single Post
Old 07-18-10, 01:58 AM   #12
ShadowOps
Mate

Downloads: 73
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
This is true. My lookouts reported a sighting yesterday. When I took a look the vessel seemed to be making a lot more smoke than usual. As I was making my underwater approach, the target went dead in the water. I eased in for a close up look and saw that the ship was afire, dead in the water and sinking slow by the bow. I finished her off and got the credit. I don't have a clue as to who or what had worked her over. No other traffic in the area for miles.

Not too uncommon either is the situation where I begin a long distance interception run. Before I get anywhere near visual range the map's target symbol turns into a sunk ship symbol. Those I don't get credit for.
Actaully earlier today, I was taking my IID into Scapa Flow, and I shot a torpedo at a Small Depot Ship. I hit its fuel storage I imagine because he just exploded and sunk, however, there was a Black Swan class stopped maybe 20 meters behind it, and the thing just started sinking, I dont know why, but it did. It showed the ship sunk icon on the map but I didn't get credit for it. Needless to say I was a bit confused because I hadn't picked up any hydrophone contacts other than a V&W class far to my left.
ShadowOps is offline   Reply With Quote