Old 10-21-21, 03:00 PM   #193
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Yes, they were absent in stock as was traffic in the areas they were present. I recall exploring and never saw an iceberg nor targets in Sea of Okhotsk (aside from La Perouse area) or Aleutians etc. I thought the icebergs were a mod thing though, interesting. I added them for immersion. Most are mobile, floating around slowly. However, I did leave some as static to make sure they were visible/encountered for immersion. I recall having one off Dutch Harbor area be stationary for that reason

Fun fact is the very large icebergs can be detected on SD radar as they tower the minimum height of the radar lol. Shocked me when saw that. I turned off SJ to avoid having radar operator call out the contact with the berg, but SD (which we cant turn off currently) did pick it up.

So cold weather clothing mod, icebergs, a more in line reality with S Class sub, now all you need is targets lol What is the current day ,month, year in your S boat campaign?
Yeah... now the guys (lower ranked ones, that is... not sure if the officers wore these or not while in the cold waters off the Aleutians... ) need to be wearing knit caps rather than those cocky white hats.

Is early on, as I just started that career... is like, the 3rd or 4th of June.. '42. Started off from base on the 1st, 2 days to roll into the patrol area & 1 days roving about thus far...