View Single Post
Old 10-20-21, 01:37 PM   #181
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Which is why for Me, I left the AA/DG mod out of the mix...owing to the fact that as it stands now... using the AA as a DG.. does NOT allow for the crew of the AA to fire at aircraft... though, I did note that I had a Pete (believe it was... noted a few odd things about it.

1. Even though I had AA set to fire at will... (not literally at people named will... ) guy didn't even bother to fire at the buzzing aircraft. Happened to be in a shallow water area... not by choice, well.. entirely by choice. To get to the assigned patrol coordinates... the area I was at, to get to that area, it was the quickest path... soooo.... I was not able to crash dive... much less... periscope depth, either. So, I had the crew man AA... just in case. Fat good it did... the guys just sat there & stared at the buzzing aircraft.

2. Noted that it seems the IJM, recruited Casper, as an airman... & 1 of His brothers... as there were NO crew visible in the pilot & gunners seats. The aircraft was a biplane & therefor had a 2 seat config... float plane, so am assuming it was off of a light or heavy cruiser, somewhere nearby perhaps... maybe even a Battleship...

At any rate... was able to zig & avoid any damages... well some minor ones & a few crew shaken up a tad... got to deeeper waters & dove... once under... set off on a 45 degree tangent to course, surfaced at dark & resumed course before making a run for it full speed before taking back to deep waters for another day, then resumed sailing on the surface to get to My assigned patrol area.

M. M.

Note:

All of that above, was while I was engaged in a Sargo class boat, mind you... the S boat, has no AA gun section... just DG only.

Very strange. Never had crew just ignore aircraft in TMO and I just now tested this after reading your post, against incoming aircraft and crew fired AA guns. . Did you have a lower skilled crew member manning the gun? Was the "Fire at Will" the only option selected? Did you try the "Target closing targets" or "Short range" buttons?

Environmental mods . if you have any outside of TMO, running can cause issues as well.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote