View Single Post
Old 03-26-15, 02:21 PM   #20
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

Speed will be reduced by decks awash simply because the deeper the hull in the water the more drag there is. More drag = more thrust needed to maintain same speed, also less speed at max thrust. It's still a good compromise for sneaking in harbors though, lower profile for less chance of detection combined with faster speed than submerged without discharging batteries.

I tinkered with this a bit last night, in the command.cfg file,

[Cmd68]
Name=Toggle_radar_view
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0x78,,"F9"
;Key0=0x52,,"R"

Again the ";" at the beginning of a line tells the program "this is a comment do not process this line." So in stock SH4 the R key is not used at all.

With that in mind I added a datablock at the bottom;

[Cmd567]
Name=Radar_depth
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x52,C,"R"

Then changed the numbers at the top to increment;

CommandsNb=601
MaxKeyCommandsNb=171

After that did the NSS_Sargo.cfg thusly;

[Properties]
PeriscopeDepth=18;meters
SnorkelDepth=8.85;meters
RadarDepth=10.6;meters
CrashDepth=40;meters
MaxDepth=100;meters
SurfaceDepth=5.0;meters
TorpLaunchMaxDepth=99;meters
StormConditions=9,0.1;max wind speed [m/s], max rain intensity [0,1]

No joy in mudville, pressing the R key in game does zip point diddly squat. Not a serious problem for me, again my SOP is to listen around the sonar dial, make a 90 degree turn to check the dead zone, then up to periscope depth for a 360 sweep. No visible targets I order 35 feet, fire up the SJ radar and sweep that a few times, then "snorkel depth" (decks awash) for a few minutes while continuing the radar sweep before blowing the ballast to surface all the way. For some reason any depth from 30 feet on down is no problem for the planesmen, it's just depths between 20 and 30 feet they can't hit and hold even when you offer them rum.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote