View Single Post
Old 02-04-22, 04:40 AM   #4355
Zero Niner
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
OK - so far, so good with this. This is a small patch to "re-acquire" APR radar warning receiver functionality back into FotRSU. There were not only several links incorrect, but there were also parts and pieces missing from the mod. I do not remember us removing the functionality, but... Anyway, included with this is a slightly re-worked Insert / Extract mission off St George's Channel on New Britain. In conjunction with that, the PatrolObjectives file was tweaked to have it assigned earlier out of Brisbane, so as to avoid potential date issues.

In the Library folder, all of the RWR links have been re-worked for the APR-1. That is also redone in the Equipment and UpgradePacks dot upc files. In addition, missing C01 links in the UnitPart#SubName upc files have been corrected. The Tench has its links in the SubName folder in the Submarine folder. Quite a few of the conning towers in the Objects folder had to be re-done for that same C01 node and link.

Since we're posting another patch, we went ahead and added an armed trawler to the Philippine Roster so that it has a warship for the RecMan, which (in theory) will prevent a CTD occurring there.

This had NOT been fully tested, with not all of the subs having been tested for functionality, much less actual proper upgrade in a career. All tests thus far have been successful, though as mentioned the other day, it does NOT function as I expected. It can be very difficult to tell the difference between a sonar line, and a radar signal line, so the player does have to pay attention to the text box. Also, you do not see any "functionality" if you have your own radar on. Do not expect the APR on the S-Boats, nor the Cachalot. Some boats have it available as a purchase in June 1944, but others are July - December of 1944, Class dependent. Do not forget about CapnScurvy's Using Radar_Sonar pdf in the Support / HowTo folder, and we'll try to supplement that in the next release for use with the APR-1

RWR_APR_Patch.7z
QUestion: did this patch change the loading time of the deck gun? I installed this and all of a sudden my deck gun loading speed is slowed down tremendously, like 2 rounds per minute.
Zero Niner is offline   Reply With Quote