propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannz View Post
1) my steam folder is f:/steamlibrary/xxxxxx , not /programfile/ instead

2) as for LAA, already done that.

3) sh4.exe yeah, already set it to XP SP3 compatible and disable high DPI optimization

4) the resolution is 1920X1080X60Hz

no worries , Captain! I'm gonna try it out again now by following your instructions. and get back to you the result.

------------------
but the way, I found my topeados most likely missed the targets when they were set to magnetic detonated. I tried using draft height - 2.5~3.5 meters
dont know if the "rising sun" Mod fixed it / the depth of the topeados?
always missed , feel pretty frustrated.
------------------

thanks
Danny
your #1 is great, but run LAA again for #2, and make certain that the tick box is set for SH4.exe file. #3 fantastic. #4 fantastic.

Your torpedoes might be "dudding". The game has two sets of Options. The one set on the main menu is for the Single Missions, Quick Patrols, and Multi-player options. The other set is once you start a career, and are in the Captain's Office on-base, click on the wood radio console to the left on the cabinets, and there is another set there for the career mode. Under the gameplay settings, you might have the game set to use the "duds", and if so, when you shoot, the torpedoes have a very high chance of running deep and / or prematuring, and / or not detonating upon impact or going under a target. The German and US submarine crews had to deal with the same situation because their respective bureaus of ordnance did not believe the dud reports, blaming the crews on not shooting straight.

If you are still having issue and I failed to mention it, be sure you empty the Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4 - or use the File Manager "Quick Access" short-cut), and delete the "cfg" folder below the SH4 folder. That will clear all your user settings though, and you lose all progress you have made in the game thus far. The game gets most of its information from that Save folder, but at the same time, if something already exists in that folder, it does not pull in the new information from the game folder... oh well. Old game.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote