View Single Post
Old 01-15-22, 10:49 PM   #4272
dannz
Swabbie

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

1) my steam folder is f:/steamlibrary/xxxxxx , not /programfile/ instead

2) as for LAA, already done that.

3) sh4.exe yeah, already set it to XP SP3 compatible and disable high DPI optimization

4) the resolution is 1920X1080X60Hz

no worries , Captain! I'm gonna try it out again now by following your instructions. and get back to you the result.

------------------
but the way, I found my topeados most likely missed the targets when they were set to magnetic detonated. I tried using draft height - 2.5~3.5 meters
dont know if the "rising sun" Mod fixed it / the depth of the topeados?
always missed , feel pretty frustrated.
------------------

thanks
Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Just to verify then, the install path, it sounds like you have it inside the Steam folder on the C: drive, which puts it inside the "Program Files" folder. That could well be part of the trouble. The easiest way for me to describe moving a Steam game would be to point you at the Steam Knowledgebase article "Moving a Steam Installation and Games". Windows does not like JSGME or SH4, due to their "pre-Vista" programming interface. Any "ini" or "cfg" file changes Windows sees in a Program Files folder is considered tantamount to an invasion, and the files are then rolled back to a previous condition. Member kacpro090 did a write-up on getting around the Steam Library restriction of "one drive, one library" with his posting Preparing SH4 for modifications, where he "fakes" steam into putting the new Library on the hard drive, after doing it partially on a thumb (USB) drive. I have not tried that myself as of yet, but we will try to verify what he did.

Another issue is the "proper" setting of the LAA app on the SH4.exe file. Navigate into the game folder, and select the "SH4.exe" file. Then right-click the file, and choose the "Properties" item from the context menu with a left-click. The dialog it opens will be on the "General" tab. First, make certain that the "Read-only" attribute toward the bottom of that page is "cleared", with no check mark in it. Then go to the "Compatability" tab, and use this as a reference:

The little window on top is what you get after clicking the "Change high DPI settings" button. That is almost always needed, as is the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" tick box. The others generally have to be experimented with. Once you have all of that checked out, try to run LAA or the 4Gig Patch again, and make certain it is "set" on the SH4.exe. If it is not, then the game usually will not enter the 3D world. If it does, it crashes rather easily. This is due to Windows restricting old 32-bit apps to a small sandbox. Using an LAA on the SH4.exe shows Windows that the program can address more RAM.

In the meantime, you can also run into issues with the video stream itself. Your display monitor has what is called its "native" resolution, which is the dpi it was built with. Windows will refer to that as "... (recommended)" in the display resolution settings dialog. Set SH4 to that resolution also, such that they all match. If you cannot find a matching high resolution setting to match the display, then use a multiple of it, such as 1920x1080 for 3840x2160, if that isn't listed (it probably is though). After that, it is a matter of matching those SH4.exe file's Properties settings (above) to function correctly.

Again, look at the "Spoiler" texts in the first posting in this thread, and also on the Download page for the mod, or in the Support folder for any one of a number of pdf files for more detailed information.
dannz is offline   Reply With Quote