View Single Post
Old 11-03-21, 09:37 AM   #78
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
I confirm this. These days i had some time to fire up this supermod. Naturally, I began with the sub school, which allowed me to notice a few things that need improvement.
- First, the freeze mentioned here. It's caused by the animation of the secondary explosion with fireball. I added several types of ships to the sub school mission, loaded them with various types of cargo and watched the effects. Regular explosions with just a water column are alright, but when it comes to ammo ships or tankers that generate fireballs, the game freezes and the only thing to do is a hard reset.
- Second, I tried the convoy mission. Maybe i've lost my hand at it during the 7-8 years that i stayed away from subsimming, but the destroyer found me instantly and rammed me at a depth of 13m. And here comes the odd part:
Although my uboat got rammed at full speed, with the destroyer's bow being pushed out of the water, the sub had absolutely no damage, neither from the impact, nor from the swarm of depth charges that exploded practically on top of it.
To press things on, I surfaced and the destroyer circled me, firing at me only with his MG's, no guns. Although the guns were trained on me, he did not fire them and attacked me only with MG's and by ramming a 2nd time. Only this 2nd ramming (when i was surfaced) managed to damage my sub and eventually i got sunk.
Anyway, I feel that both the damage model and the destroyer behavior have room for improvement.
- Finally, as a side note, personally I feel that bringing back in game the WP commands about identifying a target, calculating range etc. would be a great bonus.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the work with this mod Niume and keep up the good work
It seems that explosions only in Submarine school causes game to crash. I am amazed why it happens. Because I haven't touched any of the parameters in the training academy besides translating the text to English language. And at least from my testing in campaign i do not crash when big explosion happens.

You can already ask WP to identify ships. You need to lock the ship and press SHIFT+I. I do not believe that it is possible to ask for range, aob, speed reading without disabling manual targeting all together.

Also do not forget to join discord server. You can report bugs there and see upcoming features.

https://discord.gg/x5KPChjs

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote