View Single Post
Old 08-04-21, 07:44 AM   #3733
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Well, if the stock game works fine, and your MODS folder structure is good, after emptying the Save folder and properly activating LAA, you should be good to go, but if you don't get that Balao Class boat (USS Sea Devil, screen shot courtesy of cdrsubron7) surfacing in the sunrise splash screen, then something is not quite right in the mod set-up.

I just happened to think (and it hurts!)... On my one Windows 10 install, my Save folder does NOT go into the Documents folder, but is found in the root of the drive instead. Normally, the Save folder would be as I mentioned previously, but I use MultiSH4 to create unique Save folders for several game installs, and the SH4 save folder is in the usual place, but the Save folder for TMO and FRS are in the root D:\ folder, which is where my Game folder is, such that I have C:\TMO and C:\FRS for those two installs. I don't know if that is a Windows 10 thing for this computer, or a Windows 10 versus MultiSH4 thing, or just some fluke of a mess-up one of them did, but look for your Save folder in the root of your Games folder drive. Of course though, dds files usually are not "rolled back" or kept by Windows if something goes wrong with deleting the Save data...

Also, there are some pdf docs in the Support folder of the mod, and they range from the basic to the over-complex, verbose, boring stuff.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote