View Single Post
Old 07-11-21, 08:00 PM   #3640
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wood View Post
Ya know, there was a torpedo shortage in the early war. We get messages from base telling us to husband our torpedoes. Due to these, I always use the least number possible. I am not sure all do. I was just watching a Wolfpack345 S-Boat campaign on You Tube. He said, "There aren't many ships here and I have plenty of torpedoes, so I will use three against a 700 ton ship. He did this on three occasions. And, why not? He will get free Mark 10s, when he gets back to base.

I suggest that all torpedoes should cost renown in the early war. Make the player believe in the torpedo shortage. And, if he is going to have to spend 300 renown to sink a ship valued at 70 renown, he may reconsider.

Evil man you are lol jk. I have considered using renown in TMO for torpedoes in early war due to shortage and for later war to make steam fish cost in order encourage use of the new standard, the MK 18. Still undecided.

I am somewhat ignorant on the specifics of the torpedo shortage. I am aware that by Spring of 42 roughly, the pre war stockpile of MK 14's was nearly exhausted. Pompano for example deployed in April 1942 with load of MK 10's due to the shortage as did other boats, heard they became especially scarce for Australia based boats.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote