View Single Post
Old 03-22-21, 10:43 AM   #2923
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Of note for the next release, and this co-incides with the missing Japanese radar on some of the planes (as well as other issues), is night attacks. We have read in a lot of online articles and books purchased and borrowed, of especially Japanese float planes, "bird-dogging" a task force or single surface ships at night by moonlight, and sometimes even attacking at night. This will be in the next version of FotRSU, so just be ready for the occasional night attack. You are generally safe at night all of the way through a career in v1.39 and previous iterations. Not anymore - but we will need feedback on this aspect of the game when you all get your mitts on it. Speaking of which, the testing of all CareerStarts is complete, still working on a couple of ship texture issues, one of which has devolved into having to re-construct the entire ship. We are also re-doing some of the text files in the Support folder, and tidying things up a bit yet, but we are much closer, and much more stable than before (famous last words)...
I can give you some feedback on night attack planes before you even implement them Mr beanie, I would hold off on them for another couple of versions until you've fixed any issues that are still pending and any others you might have inadvertently caused by your incessant desire to fiddle while Rome burns. (just some funny brit sarcasm Mr beanie)

That's just my two penneth Mr beanie, not that anyone takes any bleeding notice of anything I have to say around here, so go on then and bring them in, just don't expect a bleeding round of applause when unexpected CTD's are still occurring when players are expecting you to have finally fixed those issues. It takes long enough to get to these mission co-ordinates as it is without having to navigate an ocean of "Oh bloody hell not again" scenarios like some players have been experiencing.

Thankfully I never had a CTD in my last 1.39 campaign so I don't know how prevalent they are.