View Single Post
Old 04-23-15, 01:57 PM   #1550
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
After a fresh SH5 installation with this mod (and the patch + hot fix), I encounter a lot of weird bugs. Maybe some of you know why they happen or how to fix, cause they make it next to unplayable for me.

- Crew often not on deck after surfacing the boat, only saving/reloading helps.
I use blow ballast all the time when surfacing and I saw that bug only once...It's the same for diveing, use GUI buttons...

- Telegraph acts weird. I order standard speed (3) but it only sets to slow ahead (2) and so on, it is always one speed setting behind the ordered one.
Small side effect from one of the patches but your commands are accepted correctly, works much better with SH3 interface...

- Ordering full stop takes ages, screws keep turning/running for a while, so does the Diesel - seems odd.
From the RPM inertia patch which deals with unrealistic sporty sub and AI unit performances, very stupid feature of all SH game IMO.

- Water drops sometimes "freeze" on the lens/screen and don't disappear for a while - can I delete those completely? I hate them.
There is a patch for that too but it seems it doesn't work...

- Ships/boat sometimes stops 'bobbing' completely. I noticed this while shooting with the DG on some merchant. While it was nice for precise shooting, it definitely was a bug. Sea was absolutely calm - but boats and ships usually always move a little.
0 wind speed patch...Maybe it's better to disable this patch...

- I attacked a polish submarine, hit it stern and to my surprise, the sub wasn't destroyed immediately. The bow was sticking out of the water, rest was deep below and I could hear the machines still running, it even made some knots... what the?
- Known bug, AI subs could be really strange...

- Some orders happen with huge delays, sometimes they don't work at all.
For example, I ordered a crash dive, it was listed in the message box bottom right, I heard the alarm bell etc... but the boat just never dived?

That delay simulate crew entering the sub and without it SH5 subs will crashdive in less than 15s. You can edit time delays via TDW options file editor...

Why does the 1WO still have his eyepatch?
And are these silly special abilities still ingame?

Because he lost his eye?
Not really , check readme documentation of Real U-boat performace and Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1 mods...

Another important thing: Language.
I'd like to have my menus and texts in German for immersion - is there a German version?

Unfortunately not (yet)...German menu.txt is not compatible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Speaking of 'bugs'.
Just leaving Kiel for my second patrol on September 3, when...

It is (was) a polish merchant, heading for Kiel on September 3, 1939.
It happens sometimes due to random unit activation...

P.S.
Turn off those GPS map updates and play like veteran...With TDW Real Navigation.... I would never shift to SH5 if this mod wasn't released...

Last edited by vdr1981; 04-23-15 at 02:13 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote