View Single Post
Old 09-16-10, 10:25 AM   #15
Subnuts
The Old Man

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Yeah I figured this would happen once Neal bowed out and it's put a pretty big damper on my motivation to attend as well.
I figure the best thing to do now is to simply carry on with the meet. I keep reminding myself that I'm going meet a bunch of people who are fascinated in the same thing I am, and spend some time reveling in that fascination. You know, I've been frustrated over the years by my inability to meet real life people (not just internet personalities) that share the same interest in naval history as me, the type of people who aren't freaked out when I bring an "anatomy of the ship" book into the break room. I've been to the Submarine Force Museum and Battleship Cove before, but each time I've basically been chauffeured there by someone "doing it out of the kindness of their heart" (to put it nicely). I've wanted to do a "grand tour" of the New England naval museums for years, and we're finally getting to do it.

I have a vacation coming up the first week of December. Maybe if the weather isn't too bad, we could hold a one-day meet in New London?

Subnuts is offline   Reply With Quote