Old 07-03-23, 07:01 AM   #11648
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post

I think this time the guy is off a bit.

He is basing on an implication he sets up in the beginning. Russia has huge reserves not just in crack troops, but also in top class weapon systems, an dit deicxded to just burn upo the bad troops and low grade stuff first. BTW, there are precedences for this kind of military logic being put into practice, but okay, lets leave it to that hint.

Here is the problem I have with him this time. I never imp0lied that the resrves of Russia are "grade one troops" and "top class equipement". I made the point, repeatedly, that even inferior, outdated stuff still makes a boom and can kill people and dxestroy tanks. We know that many of Russia's previously proclaimed elite units took a bloody beating in the ealry weeks and months of the war, practically seized to exist. We know thta many unprepared recruits and untrained men got thrown into the trenches. We know that in their current defence scheme, cionssting of three main lines and before that a line pof outposts, they have placed their better troops in the rear, and their cannon fooder in the front. We believe we know that the Ukrainains have engaged the very first defence line - the one behind the forward outposts - just at one location so far, else have fought bitterly with these outposts designed not to stop but to delay them, like the first line also is just for delay, and that Russian air power is coming down on them hard and that they time and again get bogged down up in minefields.

You do not need, apparenbtly, top class equipment and reserve troops to do this to the Ukrainians, it seems. This is where the video is misleading.

Also, the Russians have learned, they have adapted, they have copied the Ukrainians. They started with having underestimated drones in all there many forms and purposes. Now their drone warfare dominates that of the Ukrainians.

I think the guy is too caught up in the traditional thinking here.

If the Ukrainaisn manage to contact the thiord eefnce line, then we will learn whetehr theyx cna accheive a breakthrough, becasue the third line in mosgt places seems to be the one where the Russians have placed their remaining best troops and those with experiences.

Superior numbers, even of inferior quality, have their own charm.

The Russians still maintain complete units alomng their very long border to Asia/China, and towards Europe, btw. Theoretically here is even more material that could be moved to Ukraine.

A full mobilization is seen as risky for Putin, it might upset the population. Still: possible it still is.

And lets not forget: in the Ukrainian East the Russians are advancing along four attack axis currently.

One thing is certain: as things stand right now, the Russian still can afford high losses better and easier than the Ukrainians. And thats the core of the problem.