View Single Post
Old 02-26-15, 11:41 AM   #19
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

People bashed 8 due the fact that the new menu with those tiles and the new way of navigating toward the basic pc features without the start button simply does not belong on a non-touchscreen device like a laptop or desktop. I never had issues with Windows 8 using it on a smartphone or tablet as with the touch screen as it works great.

but navigating it with the mouse which I tried on a non-touchscreen laptop and a desktop at work my experience was a nightmare...why remove a button I happen to use the most to acces the basic fuctions of my PC...as I like my background clean I usually open programs and games via the start button, go to my control panel or Hard drive and shut of my PC. This waving my mouse to the edge of the screen to acces different features of my PC just doesn't work for me. If I could have that screen stuck on the edge I would've probably done so...but wait isn't that what a start button is for?!

So instead of a more sensible option when you install the new windows that you get to pick how the user interface should be like ''Win 8'' or ''Classic Windows (No tiles, clean desktop and start button) your stuck with an interface design that many PC users have voiced their opinion about which where pretty much about ugly tiles and lack of start button. What I am actually voicing is that companies like Microsoft should be reminded what a PC stands for with the emphasis on the Personal bit. People like to personalize their Computers so Windows IMO should be as well be able to handle such a simple thing. If you like the Tiles...fine, if not have them removed, if you like to wave your mouse to the edge of the screen fine, if you prefer a button there you go.