View Single Post
Old 06-09-23, 01:34 AM   #1594
Captain Johno
Swabbie

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Default GWX team suggests you create a ―dummy‖ career

Hi guys,

Getting back into SH3 with the GWX Onealex edition (along with everyone else), after having played GWX back in 2020.

Read through steps to create a "Dummy Career" as mentioned in the GWX manual, under Game Bugs/Saved Games, Page 14 (PDF 27/644)
- "Players who have just one career in stock Silent Hunter III will occasionally find their career has no saved games . . . . . .so the GWX team suggests you create a ―dummy‖ career (e.g., for Leutnant z. S. Fubar) before starting your real career to ensure this does not happen."

GWX OneAlex also makes reference to this on 8/64 ".
-"For the stable operation of the save system, it makes sense to keep a dummy career in which the boat went on one trip and is now in the database. "

So what do I actually do to satisfy the criteria, and how far do I have to go into the mission to initiate this successful Career SAVE?

Select "Default Player" / Accept / New Career /
Select 1939 / 1st Flortille
Mission (Select Map) - Read -"PAtrol Area AO44" - Kiel to Kiel
START

So can I just SAVE & EXIT, after viewing the boat in port. Or do I have to take the boat out to see and leave there, or return to port completing the patrol. Obviously I'll never be returning to use this "Default Player" again, moving on to create my careers through SH3 Commander !

P.S.
I posted here because the GWX (Grey Wolves eXpansion Mod) forums seems inaccessible at the moment, and searching seemed to only reveal posts from "2007"

Captain Johno is offline   Reply With Quote