View Single Post
Old 08-08-22, 06:45 AM   #288
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
There is no need to "interpret" anything. The writing is on the wall, in bold capital letters, and best advise is to take them by their word. They mean what they say.

The bonly qussiton is: are we, is the the US willing to wage a major war over Taiwan, yes or no. If the answer is yes, the outocme is open at best., If the answer is no, China will sooner or later gain a major tool to take hostage the world economy and we will deopend on them as much as Germany now depends on Russian gas.

That is unacceptable, and nhats why I think war is inevitable. Question is whether the US sees it this way, too. I have doubts.

Often things are not complicated at all - but it takes man some more time to admit he already realised the unwelcomed consequences. That what all the weaseling and indifference is about. They call that optimism. I call it brain damage that increases the costs.
As I understand what he said in this interview is that China's main goal is to take over Taiwan in peaceful steps, but they are not afraid to use force even if it means war with USA and WWIII(Which in fact started when Russia invaded Ukraine-That's another story in another thread)

The problem here is that Taiwan aren't interested in being a part of China not now and not later.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote