Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I agree. It's just cold war posturing.
Then today this was served to my breakfast

Quote:
Ambassador: China will not rule out armed conflict with the US over Taiwan
China's ambassador to Denmark says that China will use all necessary means to achieve its goal of reunification with Taiwan.

It is inevitable that Taiwan will eventually be "reunified with the mainland", and China is willing to use any means necessary to make it happen - even if it means a war with the United States.

This is what China's ambassador to Denmark, Feng Tie, says in an interview with Deadline on DR2.

- One thing is certain: Taiwan will be reunited with Mainland China. Taiwan is China's Taiwan. Taiwan is part of China, and the issue of Taiwan is China's internal matter, he says.

- We will achieve our goal of reunification, and we will do our utmost to ensure that it happens peacefully. But we do not refrain from the use of force, and we will use all necessary means to achieve our goals.

Since Thursday, China has carried out a large-scale military exercise near Taiwan, where, among other things, they have launched ballistic missiles across the Taiwan Strait and simulated an attack on Taiwan.

The military exercise was initiated as a response to the Speaker of the House of Representatives of the United States, Nancy Pelosi, visiting Taiwan last week.

Pelosi is the most senior politician from the United States to visit the island in 25 years, and her visit has angered the government in Beijing, which believes Taiwan belongs to China.

The start of a third world war?
US President Joe Biden has stated on several occasions that the US is willing to get involved militarily if necessary to defend Taiwan if the island is attacked by China.

And Feng Tie does not deny that China is willing to enter into an armed conflict with the United States in order for Taiwan to become an integral part of China.

- Of course we will not rule out the possibility of using military force, we will use all the necessary means, he says.

It will lead to a third world war?

- The process of reunification is irreversible. We will do our best to achieve it peacefully, but we will not rule out the possibility of using military force, says Feng Tie.

Not even if it will lead to a third world war?

- Those are your words and not mine. I say that we will do everything to ensure that it happens peacefully, but we will not rule out the use of military force.

'Taiwan is China's territory'
China does not consider Taiwan to be an independent state, but rather a part of China.

- Taiwan is not a state, but a Chinese province – there is only one China, and Taiwan is part of China, says Feng Tie.

Therefore, he also believes that China was within their rights to initiate the large-scale military exercise after Pelosi's visit last week.

- China warned the US several times about the consequences of this visit, but the warnings were ignored and the meeting was carried out. Because of that provocation, China was forced to respond resolutely, he says.

How is it proportionate to conduct military exercises in response to a peaceful, diplomatic meeting?

- Because the US violates its obligations - do not forget that Taiwan is part of China and is China's territory. Therefore, it is fully legitimate for China to conduct military exercises off Taiwan, says Feng Tie.
I don't know how to interpreter his answers in this interview with the Danish News channel TV-Avisen.= TV-Newspaper

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote