Thread: Imperial W@ters
View Single Post
Old 01-06-21, 07:03 PM   #2
steel shark
XO

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 5

Default progress

k so as submarines and ships don,t have radar or Esm Or active sonar so i have had to Re designed em a bit

both visually & hud wise

so periscope or ships optical sight are ok just need a new look

ESM Is now Radio so a radio mast is deployed on subs they actually have all ways rigged ones like surface ships but i needed to put something in the esm Space

So this will build up data on the targets when deployed surface only deployment

Radar

is now Watch Crew this is surface only deployment and will act like radar in essence with a modded range that fits visual detection range of lookouts

the watch crew will pop up just like the radar mast use to when you deploy em

Active sonar is now a audio Man Battle stations button like in my other WW era mods bar a few exceptions like vessels with :

ASDIC (Sonar):

During the First World War, Allied scientists addressed the problem of submarine detection in the hope of finding something more effective than hydrophones. The result of their investigation was called Asdic by the British and Sonar by the Americans. (Asdic is an acronym for Anti SubmarineDetection Investigation Committee; Sonar comes from SOund NAvigation and Ranging.

The simplest form of Asdic combined hydrophones with a sound source. The emitter sent out a sound pulse, which would reflect off the target. The length of time it took for the sound to travel to the target and for the echo to return could be used to calculate the range. This is actually the same principle used by an echo sounder to determine the depth of water.

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 07-29-21 at 08:04 PM.
steel shark is offline   Reply With Quote