View Single Post
Old 09-08-17, 04:22 PM   #267
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

You know, I'm a bit burned out on slightly less than $1000 (and soon to be over that) flagship phones. My daughter bought an Honor 5 and absolutely loves the thing. Their new Huawei Honor 8 is darned good, within spitting distance of an $800 cell phone for $270.

About the only thing not to like is short battery life.....sorta like my LG G4. But I really don't care much until the hurricane strikes. Then I can keep the battery charged but I know there won't be any cell phone service.

Unfortunately, I'm very experienced dealing with these hurricanes and know I'll survive but also know it won't be fun. Losing communication is the worst part about these things.

Hint for those in the path: what drains your battery in three hours when under normal use you have ten or twelve solid hours from a single charge? NOTHING other than navigation services drains your battery faster than your phone looking for a connection and not finding one. After the storm, if you don't have service, put your phone in airplane mode. Once in awhile take the phone out of airplane mode long enough to search for service and if you don't have it, put that phone right back into airplane mode. You'll find that your batteries will now last a little LONGER than they normally would instead of about a third as long as normal.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote