View Single Post
Old 07-09-17, 08:33 AM   #37
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Having this thread "reappear", showed me I needed to fix the one image that shows the games "sh4.exe" file "Properties" page.....where you uncheck the "Read-only" value so the file can be changed to accept additional memory during gameplay. Without unchecking this default game parameter, you will not get any of the possible memory access applications to work! Here's the reply.

Since this thread was started in 2013 there has been some changes to Operating Systems (Windows 10 has been released) so it's important to keep up with what's new/different. One being, the newer OS uses a different .netFramework version which is critical to having the Large Address Aware function as intended. On the LAA site you'll find two versions of the LAA app for download. One for the older .netFramework versions, one for the newer version packaged with Windows 10. You'll need to know how to check which .netFramework version your System has.

To keep from repeating myself, please follow this thread: "Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install" to understand the steps to take installing the game; setting it up correctly; adding the correct version of LAA; following steps after the game is installed to prevent problems in the future.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote