View Single Post
Old 01-30-24, 12:19 AM   #4
Captain Drastic
Sailor man

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0
Default Correction to previous statement

...while AI is still in a good mood...

Going on from there, I've dabbled with COMMANDER integration, so I did a trial edit of the Nightclub_en file and it works by replacing the Greeting line with the entire AI text as one paragraph, which AI can do by setting the right parameters, using something like this-"create a conversation (using previous result) who each make statements among themselves as one paragraph". Here's a new conversation generated this way and integrated into the Nightclub:

Greeting=Welcome back %s! It's always good to see you! In the dimly lit officer's club at the St. Nazaire U-boat base in March 1942, KapitanLeutenant Heinz Bauer sat at a corner table, nursing a glass of schnapps, accompanied by four fellow U-boat officers: Oberleutnant Karl Muller, Leutnant Franz Becker, Oberleutnant Dieter Schmidt, and Leutnant Heinrich Wagner. Heinz, raising his glass somberly, initiated the conversation, "To absent friends and fallen comrades." Karl nodded, remarking, "May they find peace beneath the waves." Franz added, "Werner was a good man. His courage was unmatched." Dieter, sipping his drink, reflected, "And Helmut, too. The sea claimed them both too soon." Heinrich steered the discussion toward the war's current dynamics, stating, "It seems the Allies are getting bolder. Have you heard about the recent encounters in the North Atlantic?" Heinz acknowledged, "Aye, they're adapting, but so must we. The wolf must stay ahead of the pack." Karl chimed in, "Cunning, desperate—whatever they are, they can't escape the relentless pursuit of our U-boats." The conversation shifted as Franz raised an eyebrow, questioning, "But losses are taking their toll. How do we counter their increasing technology?" Heinz leaned forward, asserting, "We adapt, just as we always have. We need to anticipate their moves and strike where they least expect it." Dieter, grinning, contributed, "Like a phantom in the night." Heinrich raised his glass, concluding, "Here's to outsmarting the enemy and returning victorious from every patrol." Laughter and camaraderie ensued as the officers, in that dimly lit haven, shared stories of daring maneuvers, encounters with enemy ships, and their unwavering determination to face the unpredictable depths of the Atlantic together.

I think it's a better story done this way, maybe worth it under some circumstances, such as creating a permanent record of your nightclub activities. Anyway, that's all I can come up with as far as integration so far.

One more thing, sometimes I run a Youtube video by PatTornado that is a rendering of Das Boot using Silent Hunter graphics. It's spooky and fun at the same time. The nightclub scene is there for your Silent Hunter crew.

Last edited by Captain Drastic; 01-30-24 at 04:43 AM.
Captain Drastic is offline   Reply With Quote