Old 06-12-21, 07:52 PM   #3388
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I do (reasonably) know what happened with the Sargo though in my test mission, and I do not know if the game handles this the same way, but the configuration on the Sargo in the mission was 19380101, and it is not an active submarine until 19390207, but I am reasonably certain that the game does not do that, but only uses the day of origination as the player submarine's configuration date...

@ Mad Mardigan: Are you reasonably certain of the assignment date being 19420124? aka: 24 January, 1942? Does the green circle in my screen grab above reasonably well reflect where your patrol circle was?

Thanks fellows...
Ahoy, propbeanie...

Yeah, am definitely certain on the dates... I went back into the game, looked at the list, as I use the following format to carbon date stamp the saves as I roll on them.:

M1-A P-2 24/01/42 22:30 hrs

M1-A, refers to My guy I name, at the start of a career...

P-2 (or any other #) refers to what patrol I am on with said guy...

For date in game.... I go with the format that was used back then, from what I know of it... day, month followed by year.. last 2 digits.

Time stamp, is done up in the military tradition... 22 hundred 30 hours...

When I initially reported, I kinda.. was in a hurry, as I was wanting to get that reported so I could then hit the rack & sack out.. aka meaning I was in a hurry so I could report it & grab some sleep...

by the time I realized My snafu... was too late to edit it to correctly reflect the right date, in game... you had done grabbed the info & ran with it...

As for the date... Yes.. I am now dead certain.. left base on the 15th... rolled into Basilan on the 17th, after hot footing it from Surabaya to Manila(where I dropped off supplies/picked up those pesky hitch hikers... ) , then to Basilan, did a 6 day patrol there... successfully.. all circles for Manila/Basilan showed up as they should... & changed from green to red. Left Basilan passage & sedately cruised from there to Sibutu passage at 3rd speed... standard, if I am recalling that rightly.. about a day to cruise from there to Sibutu... where I started the 6 day patrol of Sibutu on the morning of the 24th.... of January, 42...

As for the circle & it's location in your snapshot.. Yes, it matches up with what I have there on the Nav map, for Myself...

It is NOW... the 31st, of January.. & have not gotten the all clear bell, for completing that objective...

On a side note.. am about ready to hot foot it back to Surabaya, resupply before they demolish the base... & see of going back to Sibutu.. to see if that doesn't clean the clock on it... so I can phone home & either get another objective to go to... or get told to head back to base.

M. M.