View Single Post
Old 12-01-21, 04:47 AM   #3
ubootmate
Watch

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
1. No idea. Is Commander installed correctly ? I like putting it in the game install root directory.
For that matter, post your games install path.

First of all a big THANX to you for trying to tackle my knowledge shortage!
Lets start with the first issue.

To answer your question:
Both programs have seperate folders.
The Game (SH3) is located in the obvious "Ubisoft/SilentHunterIII" path, while Commander has its own path, namely "SH3 Commander".
Anything wrong with that setup?

Oh and then there`s something I read earlier on the Ubisoft forum about the SH3 Commander:

"Runyan, it does a lot of things. Some good, some unexpected. If you launch the game through it it will change your crew rankings to German from English. But there is one ehem, "negative effect". depending on your defintion of negaitve
It will make changes to the tonnage of merchant ships - for example a C2 goes from 6200 tons w/o the mod applied down to 4400 tons or so, a T3 goes down to 8800 from ~11,000 etc. Renown is unaffected.
You do NOT have to run the game through it and you can roll back the changes it made at anytime- just be aware that you'll prolly want to edit the merchant ship tonnage back up to defaults if you do launch the game through SH3Commander."

The entire postings can be found here:

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...-SH3-COMMANDER

Is this true? Or are these flaws (reduced tonnage values) corrected with the later versions of the SH3 commander since these postings are from 2005!

Last edited by ubootmate; 12-01-21 at 10:10 AM.
ubootmate is offline   Reply With Quote