View Single Post
Old 02-13-23, 06:55 PM   #89
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobomarinho View Post
I have been away for a very long time due to a life threatening health problem, (Feb 2018 -today), and it is fantastic to read the development of GWX Knights Cross.
Thank you Kpt. Lehmann and your team for your efforts.
I do look forward to install this new update when it is ready and I am sure that playing it will help me in my long recovery fight.
Sink them all!!!
Lobo Marinho
Cheers, lobomarinho.

It is always good to see an old salt from the Happy Times here.
I am sorry to hear about your tough health problems.

I wish that we could release it tomorrow.

However, you know how it is.
It is a massive animal, and because that is so, it has to spend a lot of time in in the big cooking pot.

Things are going very well for us. However, I don't want you to wait on us. It will be ready when it is ready.

Do this for yourself: For now, choose a different mod package and go on patrols. Sink stuff. Get depth-charged. Be inside the sim... and consciously choose to accept things that you might otherwise feel are not what you would hope for.

We have a little experience with our own health problems on the GWX Dev team... and I can say to you that getting immersed in the game itself... even if it is sometimes only sailing on the surface and listening to the wind and waves.... is often GOOD MEDICINE. The distraction, even when you can't always think straight because of the suffering, does a fair job of actually putting some of that pain to one side.

Heck, there's even been a fair bit of research using VR games with burn victims as a form of pain relief.

Don't wait for GWX-KC to do that, fellow Grey Wolf. GWX-KC is coming, but it is huge and ponderous. Each of us on the team has invested hundreds of hours.... if not thousands EACH.... and there remains much work ahead of us.

It can only be ready when it is ready.
Neal Stevens once described GWX as being the 'gold standard' of SH3 modding. What that also means for us though, is that we can never lower that bar. Keep the faith. Keep sailing....

.... and SINK'EM ALL!

To everyone: There is no wish list. We have chosen what we will be doing and our path to accomplish it. We also know that (as in days past) though most of what we are doing will likely be loved, there will also be parts that may become controversial and may not be loved as much. The same is true of any modwork out there.

In the meantime, enjoy yourselves.... don't stress.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote