View Single Post
Old 01-27-17, 01:18 PM   #121
Leandros
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Congratulations on the twenty, Neal.

It's rather awkward but I have actually very little recollection of what happened to me in 1997. Strange, because they say that near-time memory goes first. Mine certainly has. Every time I forget (often) the names of Jimi Hendrix and CCR, my favourite musical artist (well, apart from Elvis, of course - but him I remember - heard him first in 1955), I twist my brains for a few days before I give up and go to the CD shelf to look them up by the titles. Then I remember.

Let me see now, I was back in my old job after a stint with the UN in Former Yugoslavia. Took up the NG service again, too, even took an Intelligence course at the NG school at Dombås in central Norway - my tenth course there. Always nice to be there - sort of paid vacation. Had to look in my service book to remember this. Well, I don't actually remember it, just accept the information in the book.

What did I play at the time? Gettysburg? Oh, yes that nuclear sub thing - 688? And, that was my second fatherly period, the youngest girl in ballet classes and the boy playing football. Driving back and forth. My working premises were still at Fornebu Airport, Oslo. Everything moved to Gardermoen the year after, giving everybody in the business a bad taste. I get sick thinking about it. Bought a new Toyota Carina estate wagon. Oh, boy, that was a GOOD car. I mean good in the reliability sense. 220.000 clicks later and still the original shock absorbers and clutch - even if driven a lot by the wife...

Well, this is a lot of load on the brain so I shall just have to excuse myself for not being active here for the last couple of years as I have been busy with a book project on the Pacific War. That has included another game that I shall also recommend - the WITP.

Continued good health to y all.

Fred