Old 08-02-20, 10:59 PM   #6
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: End mission... part deux...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmattio View Post
I am running the plain vanilla version of SH3 through Steam. When I arrive at Wilhelmshaven after a patrol and pull up near the dock, I hit Escape and get the response: Do you want to abandon your mission? Yes or No. Nothing about docking. I just abandon and all record of the patrol is gone.
Ok, so you're running it stock or aka vanilla... still, if you are in career mode for it, you should upon arrival at your home port... i.e. in this case, Wilhelmshaven, you should be seeing a dock at option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
It sounds like you are playing in a single mission, not a career.

IIRC, you cannot dock at port after having completed a single mission. You can only abandon the mission. Your record of the mission won't be kept in a career, I believe.

By the way, welcome to Subsim!
As the beast says, it sounds as though you either ran a single mission or naval academy, rather than a career... as those would be the only things in game, that would only give as an option to 'abandon' only.

If this is indeed the case, as I suspect.. then your having done it, when you abandon... is NOT going to get saved.. only running a career, as a Kaleun & completing patrols, will count toward it being saved into the log book.

M. M.