View Single Post
Old 06-19-13, 08:32 PM   #211
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
I read that when Reagan saw the movie he had a stack of corrections he sent to ABC.
Untrue.In fact he saw a version that showed some graphic things later removed but he had no effect on this decision.Someone probably heard that and decided to spin the story a little.

"President Ronald Reagan watched the film several days before its screening, on November 5, 1983. He wrote in his diary that the film was "very effective and left me greatly depressed," that is a sourced quote from Wikipedia.

Another show you might like is "Countdown to Looking Glass" that one is more about the events that lead up to a nuclear exchange it is pretty tense.

Your state at one time had a large number of ICBM silos now most of them are in the Dakotas back then they also had many silos in the mid-west and also in the tri border area of Wyoming,Nebraska and Colorado in addition to the Dakotas.They closed most down in 1997 now we only have the ones in the Dakotas of course the Russians have far fewer ICBMs as well.

Maybe some where near to you http://www.dnr.mo.gov/env/hwp/fedfac/MinutemanII.htm.

Any serious enemy of the US would still want to wipe out Whiteman AFB and Offutt AFB in Nebraska so your part of the country would still be a bad location in a nuclear exchange.Dont feel left out Florida is just as bad with King's Bay near the state line in Georgia the East Coast Boomers use that port and Mayport is a major asset to the Navy that only 60 miles from me.

Last edited by Stealhead; 06-19-13 at 08:49 PM.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote