View Single Post
Old 02-25-13, 05:22 PM   #84
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Well I must admit, I am definitely leaning far to the right when it comes to gun issues. If i was to rank myself on a number scale of how far to the right in a 1 through 10 value system, i'd place myself somewhere around 8. I dock myself -2 points or so because I don't see the practical value (in the lawful defense of self and others) with things like Beta mags. If those got banned, it wouldn't get my undies in a bunch. (going after standard 30 round mags though, does, lol )

I was thinking about the much lauded speech that Bill Clinton gave to a democratic dinner some weeks ago. I think his message to them was that the democrats have the opportunity to accomplish much on their agenda, but if they go after guns, they'll put what could be possible in jeopardy, and maybe not accomplish much at all as a result.

Now, this gun control issue has revealed something to me. I cannot deny that I am a "one issue voter". Never in my entire life have I been more politically active then I have in the last few months; and while I still think "we have the best government money can buy", ( and voting mostly a symbolic gesture) I will vote this next election so that I can truly say I did everything i could on this issue, and I won't be voting democratic.

I will vote republican, out of spite, and out of principle. While I could care less about many social issues (gay marriage, abortion, etc), I do care about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I don't know how many people like myself are out there, but I hope there are enough to send the democrats a clear message come next election - don't screw with our inalienable rights.

(edit: as an aside, and more to the topic title, this issue got a two year membership to the NRA out of me. The longer it continues, the longer my membership is liable to be. )
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote