Old 04-09-21, 12:37 PM   #3008
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
So, see what you guys think:

both are really cool, but they do show the weaknesses of the game also, especially when there is a lot of ack ack in the air and other parts of the game can't draw as well... The PT boats didn't hit anything, just like in real life, but most did not survive in FotRSU... You'll also see in the Kamikaze attacks that ships are not equipped for collision detection from above too well... the masts take out a few of the divers, which then inflicts minimal damage to the ship. I did have one run of that mission where the Kamikaze sank two of the ships, but only once in about a dozen runs. Both vidz are rough drafts and have very poor "camera" work, which might make an old man dizzy, present company included...

Loved the videos. The Kamikazes, could be quite terrifying when actually running the sim, I am sure a hit on a players sub would catastrophic(?). I love how the flak "puffs" are visible now. Something I need to add, they are too small and not visible long enough during mass air attacks.

If I can ever get kamikazes working in TMO, will be great as I have the raids scripted perfectly. Leyte, Lingayen, Iwo (attack on Saratoga and Bismark Sea), Okinawa etc. Get them to randomly show up where could attack players.

The Baka's are a nice touch lol. Reminds me of back in the Combat Flight Simulator 2 days. An amazing modder added kamikazes and bakas into the sim, made late war missions extremely challenging. Even flying the F4U-1D or C (20 MM cannons) and may nail some of them, even with the AA from the fleet, some always got through. The ships were simple and damage models simple in CFS 2(lol) so they usually were sunk. Some modders added in better ships so the carriers did not instantly sink when hit. Have not played it in years since SH 4 keeps my interest but was some of the most intense flight sim time have logged.

Surigao Strait video was excellent as well. I would definitely remove the spotlights from the PT lol since they use them foolishly or create a special PT unit for the battles without spotlights. Note to myself for Surigao Strait in TMO . Early on when I began my TMO update I scripted Leyte Gulf and the battles, Surigao Strait included. Once have AI torpedoes for the PT and DD's it will be great.DD's slugging it out with the BB and CA in southern force, kind of silly without torpedoes. When what remains of the Southern force into the battle line of the old US BB's, pretty cool to observe, if in position fire some torpedoes their way. Especially interesting when on surface and a stray BB round lands near you lol I have a shell splash mod for TMO, makes the large guns shells have larger shell splashes, it conflicts with vicker's smoke mod, though so trying to get it worked out.

Anyways, excellent videos, thanks for sharing.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote