View Single Post
Old 06-23-17, 05:59 PM   #44
Wiz33
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
So what does you being the self-proclaimed Godfather of PC simulations have to do with anything?
Will it somehow boost your authority?
Will your hollow arguments suddenly fill with reason?
No.

So far you simply bashed DW and the other titles, without giving reasonable examples, and your last sentence is nothing but delusional. What does that even mean, "none of them would have made it on a real US sub."?
At least the lingo and procedures are simulated - not like in CW, where your crew consists of mutes!
It's like you're bashing Project Cars in terms of physics, and than claim that Super Mario Cart is the hottest stuff around.
Hilarious.

If you are so well-versed in the simulation genre, you sure did play Fast Attack, a title developed (in lead) by a former 688 skipper, and a game the Navy wasn't too happy about due to its authentic nature.
I hoped CW would have at least some feeling and features from FA, like announced/implied, but I am still looking for it. Did you find something?
Enlighten me.

So, all these games are "junk" (because reasons, I assume), but CW is somehow "it"?
Sorry what?
And what do you mean, boosted capabilities your beep?
Are you, the Godfather of the naval simulation genre himself, saying that the boats in CW behave reasonable and authentic?
If a Los Angeles class submarine would be that ridiculously agile, it would not even need counter-measures... what for, if you have fail-safe "knuckles" that shake off every torpedo 100% of the time in this 1:1 simulation that probably breaks OPSEC?

You start to sound like a shill, to be honest.
The point is that the all the essential info you need to play the game is complete. All the other stuff you mentioned is nice to have features that would would enhance the game but the game will work without them. The AI problem and small bugs are in every game at launch and just require minor fixed and AI tweak. Fighters in Harpoon and Fleet command miss more than hit at launch unless you personally take a hand in controlling them. The so call AI crew in DW takes forever to ID and do TMA on a contact unless you take a active hand when IRL your sonar tech and fire control team should be able to do it faster. Having to man every station to get anything done is boring.