Old 03-05-16, 09:04 PM   #120
siege00
Officer

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMa View Post
Hi Siege00 !

I made several tests (running games and various programs) with my two PC (a desktop and a notebook, the latter is a medium specs computer), both of them set with background services priority, and until now i have not seen any problem.

I'm quite interested to know if low specs computers experiences slowdown episodes or any other problems... so, if you have some informations to share, they are more than welcome !

Beside that, if you don't want to change your system settings, you can continue to use my first fix (assuming that in your case was functioning well) at will !
Hi MaMa, thanks for the reply. A lot of it comes down to what people have running on their machines and what they use them for. For most users it probably won't make a difference since they aren't running a lot of background processes. I'm running on a pretty beefy computer, but often have multiple things going on in the background that would chew up cycles (rendering, compiling, DB services, etc.) Especially the DB stuff... SQL in particular will really chew up proc/mem if it's allowed to. The only older/low spec system I have won't even run SH5.

Thanks for the help and the mods!

Currently - SH5 TWoS
- SH3 GWX + MaGui and more
- SH3 LSH 2015 + Ahnenerbe's Gui
siege00 is offline   Reply With Quote