View Single Post
Old 02-26-13, 08:25 PM   #15
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamprat69er View Post
In the movie he had a choice....Fight or die. Some choice. I think I would fight.

I would fight as well and then surrender to the nearest allied unit as soon as possible if I was fighting in western Europe if I was near an SS unit I might just sneak in and off as many as possible before they kill me a worthy trade off.This is what most forced labor combatants did when they where under German control.If in the Soviet Union I'd try to escape and attach myself to a Soviet unit if I prove helpful they wont ask any questions and assume that I am new troop skip from one unit to another if need be.Soviet soldiers that had been captured and escaped would sometimes get back to Soviet lines and attach themselves to a unit they really kept fairly poor track of new troops so you could easily avoid suspicion which was placed on any person taken POW that escaped.

Either choice though you may die the true choice is do you die on your feet or on your knees I do not plan on dying on my knees at least on my feet I have a chance of survival.Of course if you are born into this world then you will also pass from it one way or another.

Last edited by Stealhead; 02-26-13 at 08:36 PM.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote