View Single Post
Old 06-19-09, 08:03 PM   #24
SUBMAN1
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
I've got you all beat, the first computer I had was kit built, National sc/mp evaluation chip, had 1k ram, programmed with front panel switches called miniscamp,(1978) the second computer was a huge leap forward, the Exidy Sorcerer mark II with 16k ram, 32k rom & expanded to 64k ram later, built an interface card for a pair of 8" floppies,(1982) wow!!
I didn't say that was my first PC above. So AGAIN () I have you all beat! I had what you had in 1982 back in 1977! I had a CP/M system with 64K RAM (imagine that back this early), dual 5.25" floppies, and built in monitor. Graphics cards were rare in these days so I only had text, but still... I might still be able to produce an 8" floppy from another CP/M system, but I have no idea where it would be right now. Probably in storage.

Beat that! <...pissing contest continues...>

-S

PS. The above system had a 5 digit price tag in its day in case you were wondering. Was my fathers, and it was given to him by someone that owed him $$$, and he had no idea what to do with it, so it ended up on my desk.