View Single Post
Old 09-29-06, 09:02 PM   #65
Dave Kay
Gunner

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Now that I have upgraded to a great laptop computer with all the bells and whistles, I come to find out that I can no longer play my absolute favorite game, SHIII, because of my 64bit operating system.
Furthermore, there appears to be no other work-around except for Ubisoft to release an update or patch for the StarForce protection software. Additionally, I understand this is an issue between 32 and 64bit software and according to the StarForce website; this is a very simple fix for most game companies.
What I would like to know is IF, or WHEN this update will be made available. Sans that, I can see many people in the buying public getting rightfully miffed at Ubisoft not only because there is no fix for this problem if one has bought a new PC and attemted to install your games, BUT, I also see as newer Ubisoft titles come onto the market there will be a great many people who cannot play them on older computers... many of us are being caught unaware of this situation and this is not good business! NEW PC BUYERS BEWARE!
Sincerly, a very watchful user of Ubisoft product.
Dave Kay is offline   Reply With Quote