View Single Post
Old 04-18-23, 03:10 PM   #851
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwayboy View Post
I've been looking at the TC settings in the main.cfg file, I can see that my RadioReport is set to 8x, however when I receive a report about a convoy or a regular radio message, my TC doesn't slow down to 8x, or slow down at all.

Is it a bug or is the game not supposed to slow down for radio reports about convoys? (Maybe to make the player use a lower TC?)

When I'm out sailing across the North Atlantic to America I use quite a high TC, sometimes I see convoys but my TC doesn't slow and I miss them by an hour or two, and by then there's no point plotting a course to intercept since they've moved so far. Here are my TC settings below.

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=128
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=8
RadioReport=8
Particles=8
PrayState=64
HunterState=64
3DRender=64
Maximum=8192
If you have applied mods to your game, and are looking in the game folder at files, be aware that the game uses the Save folder data to run most of the game, so any edits to the game files are not updated in the Save folder until
the Save data is deleted and then re-created when starting the game again the next time. Also, the game's "messages_en.txt" (and a _ge version at a minimum) have a setting for "Message Type" that influences whether the game interrupts you or not. Some messages are not set as "important", and it is up to the player to catch those and read them as they come across.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote