Old 06-25-22, 06:55 PM   #844
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
Well I did as you instructed. Installed it in C:\Games2\SilentHunter3.

No success. Same message when I tried running it. Also checked for Starforce and same answer...not present in my PC. Have it set to run in compatibility mode for Win 7. Should it be set at something else?
Hmmmm....

Odd... have not ever ran into that error message, or at least that I can recall of exactly phrased that way... "This application can be launched with a release version of Microsoft Windows 95 OSR2.1/98/ME/Server 2003 only".

What... exactly are your spec's, on your computer... if ya would be so kind as to relay... Win 10, still hanging on to 7 or 8.1... updated to 11... would be helpful info to know.

In addition, how much "RAM" you are working with... what the graphics spec's are... Nvidia, AMD...

I shall be frank... all My experience with SH3... has been with access of it, from both Steam... & Ubi aka Ubisoft. Have never done an install of it off of disk, not for any game... for some time now. Last time I did, was 1 game called... Axis & Allies & that wasn't too long ago. While I don't play it an awful lot, had no issues with playing it, regardless.

I know, not quite the same as here, with SH3... just noting, the only similarity it shares is it was off a disk.

Will se what I can find to sort this out so that you can get up & running with that copy you have...

Only other thing I can think of... is to look into investing a bit & grabbing an online download access copy of SH3... from Steam, Ubisoft, or some other online game source that is reputable.

Hopefully, another who has knowledge on how to solve this, would also be helpful... but I shall endeavor to see what I can find out, in the mean time.

M. M.