Old 11-12-21, 05:48 AM   #7451
33lima
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1 View Post
All:
Having started with the original SH3 and moved through all varieties with a final stop at GW, I must agree with many comments here. The GW update, or whatever you want to call it, was the final and not-to-be-improved version of any sub sim. The work and devoted time installed by Jimbuna and, gosh, others whose names escape me, are remarkable. I would go back and reinstall the whole thing, but at years 87 I'm not sure I know how to do it. The original SH3 discs are sitting above my desk as I type, but...my the complicated time to load the game, do the update, conquer the barriers to not using a disk...all seem a bit overwhelming to this old (very old) mariner. But it would be nice...

One thing especially: I must salute the respect given to the German Untersee mariners who fought their country's war - whether or not they accepted the political position of the leadership - and Grey Wolves accepted that. No country can ask for more.

My elderly hat is off to all the Grey Wolves developers.
Archive1
If installation is putting you off, you could try the OneAlex Edition of GWX.

The download link is under this Youtube video:

You don't need anything from your original DVD or CD, or to install it, you simply have it so you're a licensed user and 'legal'.

OneAlex Edition comes in a large, single compressed file.

If you haven't already got a program on your PC which can unzip/decompress such files, download and install 7zip first: https://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/

Then download GWX OneAlex Edition. It's a big file so will take a while.

When it's finished downloading, use 7zip to unzip/decompress the file to a new folder - SH3 ideally - on your PC's hard drive (but not inside the folder Program files (x86).

Play!

As well as the best of GWX and all sorts of improvements, GWX OneAlex Edition includes:

- the much-improved U-boats from the German U-Boat Compilation mod; and

- the SH3 Commander utility (SH3C) which is great (amongst other things) for creating a commander persona, giving real names to the ships you sink and creating good patrol records (tho you don't have to use SH3C).

it's like Grey Wolves on steroids!

Last edited by 33lima; 11-12-21 at 05:57 AM.
33lima is offline   Reply With Quote