Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Here are the first follow-up questions

1. Do I unzip KSD II with 7Zip or WinZip?

2. Do I install the LAA in the same partition as the game is installed in, i.e., D:\?

3. Do the IX type boats come with full interiors?

4. Does the game also work on 1280 x 1024 (19''; 1.25) monitors?

Also, I read a lot about game crashes in the forum thread. Seems to run a bit unstabil or has it been fixed since then?

Many thanks in advance!
Ok, by the numbers here...

1. Can use either one, though My personal preference is... in using 7zip to unzip mod packs. Is free to download, free to use & works just fine. Add to that, is really pain free in ability to use it right out of the box. Can install anywhere... even in that pesky terror-tory known of, as UAC controlled 'Program files'... area on your C drive.

2. No. Can as with 7zip, drop its install anywhere on the computer hard drive... as with 7zip, is really easy to use.

Is a simple 3 step process, to it.. point at where the game ( or for use with any other game for that matter... that needs reassignment of RAM access more than the 2 GB range) is installed, to the .exe for that game/sim... check the box to have it tagged for unrestricted access to 4 GB's of RAM... & finally... click the accept to lock it in.

That's it... eazy peazy, mac & cheezy... so simple, a cave man could do it.

3. There is a full interior add on mod, for use with KSD II: Ace, & wanna say... I believe there is... but... don't hold My feet to the fire on that, if I am mistaken on that. have not really set out on a career in a Type IX, to be completely frank about that... in KSD II: Ace... yet.

I know, that the Type II & the VII's, do... just not completely sure on the IX's.

4. It plays b...e...a...utiful, on My monitor, & it is a 16x9 screen rez, yours, is not that far removed so I believe... that the WxH ratio there... should be similar.

It is just a matter of going into the options settings once you've finalized everything... & selecting the graphics selection choice, once in that menu... nothing more than choosing your monitor's native resolution scale there. Finalize that by clicking the accept changes... &... done.

The nice thing about SH4 is... unlike 3, it was made to be able to choose your monitors set up on rez... whereas 3 was either the choice of play it in full screen or leave it as was... in the old monitor set up size.

Think, '05 was when they started to really intro wide screen monitors... well, the early on precursors to wide screen monitors. Haven't really kept up with everything computers, nigh on 20+ years... of course, having 2 kids... will tend to do that.

As for CTD's... think, about 50% of them, are tied to RAM... as the newer stuff nowadays, runs with more speed than when say... SH3/4 came out... so using either the patch kit or LAA, does help alleviate that part.

As for the rest... is any number of things that can cause them... bad ship scripting on travel, bad equip calls... ship naming... basically, modder errors that inadvertently happen. Hey, modders are still human, & make mistakes... just like the rest of us do.

If we didn't... then pencils (& some pens, even.. ) would have no need, for that red (or any other color, for that matter) monstrosity called... an eraser...

As always, hope this helps...

M. M.